Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Removing Crayon... From Washed & Dried Clothes!

1) Put the clothes in the washer, and set the water to hot.  I'm thinking as hot as you can get it to get the wax melting.  If you are worried about your water getting hot enough consider adding a pot of boiling water.  I didn't, but I like things to be easy.
2) Add your laundry detergent (I just used what I had on hand), a 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1/3 C. of dish-washing liquid (I used Blue Dawn). 
3) Let the clothes agitate for 1 min to mix the ingredients into clothes.  Stop the cycle and soak for an hour.
4) Let the wash run normal.  Check.  Repeat if necessary before drying.

(Unfortunately, since school started this year, this is the 2nd time I've needed this recipe!  It works.  It takes the clothes from unusable to salvageable.  Of course, the better thing would be to NOT have the crayon go through the washer and dryer in the first place.  Thank you Mr. O.  Love my little "artist"!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment