Saturday, October 14, 2023

McGriddle Muffins


 

Makes 18 muffins:

4 Eggs (scrambled hard, seasoned to taste and crumbled small)

1 C Bacon Pieces (or 1 C cooked crumbled sausage)

1 C Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)

2 C Bisquik Baking Mix

1/4 t Salt

1 t Baking Powder

2 T Butter (melted)

1 1/2 C Milk

1/4 C Maple Syrup (also additional syrup for dipping!)

Prepare the eggs and set aside to cool slightly in a large bowl.  Add the bacon pieces to the eggs and mix well.  In a smaller bowl, combine the bisquik mix, salt and baking powder, mix until incorporated.  Add the milk, melted butter, maple syrup and mix well.  Pour the batter over the egg and bacon mixture.  Fold in the cheese.  Scoop into paper liners of your muffin tins.  Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.  Cool slightly for easier removal from the paper liners.  Dip in maple syrup.


I liked these... Keep in mind, I LIKE McDonald's McGriddle breakfast sandwiches.  (although I ONLY like the McD's bacon version, not the sausage!) There's something about that Maple Syrup flavor mixed in with the egg, bacon and cheese that appeals to me.  So this was an internet find that I consider a WIN!  Of course, as usual, I read about 20 different versions of recipes and I internalized the info to create my own.  It was yummy!  at least I think so...(all of the recipes called for "just add water mix and used water... I don't like those mixes so I used Bisquik and Milk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment