Monday, February 10, 2014

Alfredo Sauce...

 
3 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp Pepper 
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese

 Directions:
Melt butter in medium saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, sauté garlic.  Add cream and pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.  Stir often.  Add the parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.  When sauce has thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY.
 
(Internet find... when I needed to add more Alfredo sauce to pasta and didn't want to run to the store... I also didn't have any parmesan cheese and just used mozzarella.  It was delicious, but I will use parmesan when I make this again.  And I will make this again. On the day of this photo, I paired it with penne pasta, broccoli and chicken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment