Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies



1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Cream sugars and butter. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients. Drop by cookie scooper (these cookies are small, 2-3 bite cookies) onto non-greased cookie sheet. Cook at 350* for 12 minutes. Yield 3 doz.

Frosting:
Melt 3 TBLS butter, add 1/2 cup brown sugar and whisk until mostly smooth. (Approx. 2 to 3 min.) Cool and add 1/4 cup milk, (If making these during the Holidays...I always add eggnog instead of milk.) 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 cups powdered sugar or until desired consistency, and whip with hand mixer until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies.


(Printable 4x6 recipe card by popular request. I signed my name because in the short month that we've found these we have made them so many times! We've slightly tweaked and "adopted" this recipe as our own. Loved is too mild a word for what they are in our household...)

(These are GOOD! I stole this recipe, and made a few minor changes, from a blog that I like to look at, this lady decorates the most beautiful cookies and cakes that I've ever seen! The Good Apple)

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth dropped little Owen off at my house for a play-date with my son Cody ... and with that little Owen was four melt-in-your-mouth, amazing pumpkin cookies. I talked the boys into letting me have one of the four and then they cut the other one in half to share. They were hesitant, but in the end, I WON.

    I'm looking forward to making these tonight. Wahahahaha!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete