Monday, December 8, 2008

Chocolate Trifle...(Punchbowl Cake)



1 Pkg. Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1 Large Pkg. Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding (or two small pkgs.)
4 C. Milk
12 oz. Pkg. Cool Whip
3 Skor Candy Bars (crushed)

Make cake mix according to package directions, but cook in a larger pan than a 9x13. (I use a lasagne pan or a cookie sheet with sides.) Bake for the amount of time of CUPCAKES on the box, usually about 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut into 1" squares. Make pudding by adding 1 C. more milk than the pkg. calls for. You want it a little thinner and more of it. In a trifle dish or punchbowl cover the bottom with 1/3 of the cake cubes. Cover cake with 1/3 of the pudding. Next is 1/3 of the cool whip and you guessed it, Sprinkle 1/3 of the crushed skor candy bars over the top. Repeat 2 more times, ending with a sprinkling of skor candy bar.

(This is my favorite, and most requested, dessert to take places. My family even requests it as their birthday cake sometimes. This Christmas 2008 I created the Holiday Version - Peppermint Trifle. It's fun for the holidays, but we like the original best. I have made this using COOKED CHOCOLATE PUDDING AND REAL WHIPPED CREAM... Don't do it. It's just as good, or better even, and it's certainly EASIER to use the instant and the cool whip! But I'm not a believer in cool whip so I had to try. I still don't use cool whip, except in this recipe!)

(Printable Recipe Card)

No comments:

Post a Comment