Monday, June 15, 2020

Maple Cornmeal Banana Bread (Gluten Free Vegan... But Not Too Bad!)


1 1/2 C Oat Flour (oatmeal processed in the blender)
1 1/2 C Cornmeal
3 T Casava Flour (Tapioca or Corn Starch can be a substitute)
4-5 Very ripe Bananas (mashed)
3/4 C Maple Syrup
3/4 C Unsweetened Applesauce
3 Tbsp Almond Milk (or any Dairy Free Milk)
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1 1/2 t Baking Powder
*Optional Flax Seed or chopped nuts to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Spray two regular or 4 mini loaf pans with nonstick spray and divide batter evenly between the pans.  Bake 45-50 minutes.  Let cool before removing from pans.

(This could also be called Banana Cornbread...  I stand by my previous versions of banana bread. Banana Bread and Banana Bread Revisited... Banana Bread is NOT my favorite!  However, this is a different twist and as a bonus it is Gluten-free and Vegan!  I love cornbread and I like the texture of this bread.  If I am trying to be healthy... and it happens every once in awhile... I flip flop between healthy and straight up McDonald's 3X a day... but on a good day, this can be a yummy treat.  But it's definitely not a substitute for Raspberry bread Pudding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment