Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies...



1 C. Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar, Packed
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 C. Uncooked Oats
1 C. Raisins*

Heat oven to 350*F. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack. Yield 4 dozen.

(This is the recipe for "Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies" from Quaker Oats. I have been making them for 30 years and they are still one of my favorites! I like to add a little bit of nutmeg. *I usually replace the RAISINS with CRAISINS. My family likes it when I leave the crazy raisins completely out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment